If you want to hear the arrangement of Goin’ Home, click on this link: Goin’ Home Link
The choir is looking for a new passionate, fun and experienced musical director to start from July 2017.
The new director:
- will conduct rehearsals from 19:30-21:30 on Tuesday evenings during term time plus performances.
- should be motivated to inspire the choir in enjoyable community music-making, embracing our style of being relaxed and open to all.
- should be able to source and/or arrange affordable repertoire.
- should be able to bring his or her own keyboard (or other instrument) to rehearsals to accompany or give notes.
Although the choir includes many non-Christians, and sings secular songs at non-religious events etc, we are looking for a Christian music director as this is a core aspect of the choir.
The fee is £50 per rehearsal and £60 per performance.
For full details: Click Here
We held a mini concert as part of an open day at Shirley Methodist Church. We sang five songs which seemed to go down very well.
entertaining the Layca regulars after their Christmas meal
Back on the road again! Performing carols (mostly) at St James School Christmas Fayre.
- Christmas Tea at Layca Community Centre on Saturday 10 December at 3:30 pm;
- Christingle Service at St James Church on Wednesday 14 December at 5:30 pm;
- and we will also be entertaining the residents of Longmore Nursing Home a few days before.
Come and see us if you can!
Fantastic Evening. Just two of the shots: All these pictures were taken by Felix Wai Kwan Lo – thank you so much Felix. You can find the rest of his shots in Our Dropbox Folder
Together with our friends from Northfield Notes Community Choir, we sang our hearts out at Northfield Carnival. Thanks for your support. More pictures in our album.